Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Finished Project. How to make a custom Monster High Boy out of Old doll parts and cornstarch clay.

This project was a lot of work but it only took me a day to build the body.
You will need:
  • A 5 dollar midnight magic doll
  • A knock off monster High doll OR a real one which ever u like to cut up
  • floral wire
  • doll hair
  • A really strong glue such as E-600
  • craft paint
  • satin finish coat
  • dremel4000 
  • cornstarch clay
  • caulk
The first thing you need is a doll design. I designed mine after a pullip. Once I've done that I started to work on my Torso. See, The dolls I've told you to have on hand to recycle are female dolls. The monster high boys are way to bulking for my taste so I figured I could make my own. I made some cornstarch clay and added soft pastels to the mixture to get color in the dough. I wish I hadn't deleted the videos of this process, its a longgg storyy. Sooo Let's put on our imagination caps. 

Using my dremel4000 I cut off the arms and legs of my two old dolls. If U cut carefully into the dolls torso you can take off the arms without damaging the Midnight Magic doll arms and just pop them into the torso, Of course I used my dremel to sand and get the parts to fit perfectly. 
After baking my parts needed I added cornstarch clay feet and ankles to make him taller and as you can see I attached  the parts to the doll. I used the E-600 glue to close cracks for the cornstarch clay created when I sanded the torso and other pats down and also to smooth out the areas where I attached my homemade doll parts. 
I used tape to hold down the parts I glue until they dried completely, Here is what the doll looks like before I painted it. As you can see this is a knock off monster high draculaura doll, head and a midnight magic doll arms. 


I did the doll facial lift I showed you guys before and moved on to painting the doll body and WAAALLAHHH. Custom Monster High boy

here's the doll finished, rerooted, facial lift and ready for clothes
My girls loveee their new playmate lolz. I think I should make more boys. 
I'm sorry this post wasn't as detailed as I planned but my camera just sucked...really sucked...Better luck next time...Hope you don't mind. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi! That's a clever idea, the doll looks awesome! Looking forward to your future posts, greetings from Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Belgium!? Awesome!!!! thankyou, I will be sure to make more of these but next time i'll have my camera on lolz. My first commenter ever!!! Excited to the max lmao.

      Delete