Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New Monster High doll repaint/ Knock off Monster High dolls

So a few months ago I bought a set of knock off monster high dolls to practice doing repaints on them and to save money at the same time. Funny story though my official monster high dolls costed way less then the set of four that i purchased for 17 bucks (shipping was free). I ended up getting official monster high dance class dolls for 5 dollars at walmart, WHAT a steal. I even managed to get a Draculaura doll scaris edition for 5 bucks too. What I got were Laguna Blue dance class, Rebecca Steam dance class, and Draculaura.  Anyways back to the knock off dolls. They made great practice dolls and editions to my collection once I repainted them. Now for knock offs, they aren't fully articulated correctly, their hands were nubs so I tried to articulated them myself with simple floral wire. It worked for the most part. the limbs are so wobbly that it i couldn't stand it. Anyways For repaints on the heads the knock off dolls were PERFECT. Here are my results of a knock off Clawdeen Wolf.

Here's a pic of the knock off before i repainted her. I really suck at doing before and after pictures because...well...I just don't possibly due to laziness. Now here is how the doll came out. 



As you can see...she
is DOWN RIGHT
SUPER CUTE. It almost puts my repaint of the Offical Laguna Blue Dance Class doll repaint ,also known as Tyler, to shame. The cheaper dolls have lots of bald spots so I added more hair to the bald spots. Also the body of the doll was way to light to match the dolls skin so I even repainted that.
I made her some jeans and a sweater and she rocks it sooooo well that I took a mini photoshoot in my studio.
Tyler and her new doll friend. What should we Name her?


The new doll in her amazing homemade outfit. The jeans needs something though...

You can see how I had to fix the hands here..

Bagel Lovvvesss the new doll.

I felt like her outfit needed a purse so I made one real quick out of this left over leather pink fabric. I even drew on
seem lines and pockets to my doll jeans 

Our free printables look great with 1:6 scale dolls

I posed the dogs to look up at the camera.

So thats the doll! Hopefully we can come up with a nice name? Comment to recommend some. Tomorrow Our new tutorial will be on how to make doll jeans :). I'm thinking of making a video of this one. what do you think?
Tyler: New girl Where did you get your jeans!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment