Search This Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2014

How to make Forks, Spoons, And Knives for a 1/6 Scale Doll.

So I did this tutorial on here a long time ago only to find...it never posted!?! I know crazy! SO i am just going to have to do it all over again...WHY NOT? >_<"

  You will need:


  1. Foral Crafting Wire. It's very thin and bendable wire you can get at walmart or dollar tree in the floral/fake flower section
  2. polymer clay or cornstarch clay
  3. Silver Metallic Craft Paint (optional)
  4. Pliers of any kind and Scissors

How to make Forks:

Step One:


Cut yourself four 4 inch pieces of floral craft wire and twist them together  leaving 4 pieces sticking out like the bottom picture
See? Four spread out ends.

Step Two: 

Next Take your pliers and bend the spread out ends at a slight angle like so.

See? A Slight angle.
It should look the bottom picture if you are following the steps correctly

Step Three: 

Now take your Pliers and squish the fork prongs together so they look straight then take your scissors and cut accordingly so it's all even. Take the ends of the bottom of the fork and wrap it around until you get a similar thickness shown below. I wrapped the excess around the angle of the fork for more realistic shape.


Step Four:

 Cover the base of the fork with polymer clay or cornstarch clay until the wires are hidden like the picture below. DO NOT PUT CLAY ON THE TIP OF THE FORK AKA THE PRONGS OF THE FORK.


 

Step Five: 

Take Craft paint and paint the tips of the fork aka the prongs silver. You can paint the whole thing silver but I chose not to. 






How to make Spoons: 

Step One:

take one four inch piece of floral Craft Wire and bend it in half. Twist the Ends together leave a Loop shape at the end like the picture at the bottom. 

Step two:


I went ahead and folded the ends before I cut off excess for thickness like I did with the forks and was left with the below picture. I then took the pliers and pinched it at an angle ago ((I got ahead of myself and added the clay handle then realized I skipped a step so don't do that))

Step Three:

I covered the spoon and the hole with clay, I next took a old bobby pin ((You can use a ball tool if you have one, at the time I did not)) and gently place a little depth into the spoon. so It should look like this below. All you have to do is paint and you're done.

How To Make Knives





Making the knife is just following the spoon steps from step 1 except instead of making a loop you will make a christmas light bulb shape shown above. You will skip the pliers portion and just cover the wires in clay. Then paint :) So simple! So when you're finished it should all look like the below picture.
As You can see my Dolls Love their forks and knives.




No comments:

Post a Comment